Hi meaningful leader,
When it comes to defining leadership, John Maxwell teaches us that leadership is influence.
But many people tend to associate influence with manipulation, when in reality the two have very different roots. Read more about the chasmic difference here.
As a leader, it can feel it’s hard to influence others without using manipulation or wasting your time, talent and resources. You may find yourself frustrated, feeling like you’re not getting anywhere or not having the impact you want.
But the truth is, you don’t need to resort to manipulative tactics to influence others. There are simple, effective ways to do it without sacrificing your integrity. Here are five key tips that will help you influence people without using manipulation and without wasting your time and resources:
1. Focus on building relationships – The most effective way to influence others is to build relationships with them. That means taking the time to get to know them, understand their needs and goals, and find common ground. Remember that team building is relationship building and the only glue that can hold a team together is TRUST.
2. Lead by example – People are more likely to follow your lead if they see you working hard and leading by example. Show them that you’re willing to put in the work and that you’re not asking them to do something you’re not willing to do yourself. As leaders, we must walk the talk and shoulder the team to support their effort and multiply the results.
3. Encourage open communication – Encourage people to share their ideas, opinions and concerns with you. This will help you to better understand their needs and how you can best support them. Transparent communication is the best currency you can use to build a great team.
4. Listen more than you talk – Listening is an essential part of influencing people. Instead of dominating the conversation, make sure you’re really listening to what others have to say. Remember that when we speak we are repeating content we already know, but when we listen we get the chance to learn something new.
5. Be consistent – People are more likely to follow your lead if they know what to expect from you. Make sure you’re consistent in your actions and communication. Make sure your yes means yeas and you no means no, nothing destroys the dynamics of a team faster than a leader without a backbone.
By focusing on building relationships, leading by example, encouraging open communication, listening more than you talk, and being consistent in your actions and communication, you can influence people without resorting to manipulation and without wasting your time and resources. With the right approach, you can have the impact you want and be a more successful leader without ever using manipulation.
I hope you found value here today. If you did, please comment, like and share with one person who can benefit from this blog.
Thanks for reading and God bless,
Always rooting for you!
I agree with your point of view, your article has given me a lot of help and benefited me a lot. Thanks. Hope you continue to write such excellent articles.
Thank you so much for your feedback, I’m happy to hear you found the information valuable.
Awesome! Its genuinely remarkable post, I have got much clear idea regarding from this post
I like the efforts you have put in this, regards for all the great content.
Very well presented. Every quote was awesome and thanks for sharing the content. Keep sharing and keep motivating others.
I just like the helpful information you provide in your articles
Nice post. I learn something totally new and challenging on websites